20 December 2013

Yakball to the Rescue

It's refreshing to see non hockey jersey stuff sent in. But so much has been going on in the hockey concept blogging world in addition to me dealing with finals week that it has been hard to ignore the things that have been going on. We'll start without hockey for now.


Here is our first yakball concept not from Jake88 or myself. This is from Caden from first time DI men's soccer winners Notre Dame. Ignore the electric green, that is how I altered Jake88's template for PDN users. I I like the stripe on the colored uniform but I would ditch the shorts and use just the one pair. The font is alright and the half and half sleeves really baffle me. I like the colored part but not the white. In addition, I can't see it being just one color or having regular striping. Given that, you have to leave them as is.


Great color balance, I like the increased amount of black used here. The stripe design looks more art deco than Native American, but I would try regular striping in this case anyway. Interesting choice for a shoulder patch, but I don't feel it's a suitable one. The other roundel with the paw in it would probably work at least somewhat better compared to my preference the state and sun logo.I never liked this number font, but it's what the team has used with this branding. On the pants, the middle stripe could be black, to compliment the yoke a little better.


While Caden was introducing content for the HCIHL website, he decided to give my trading card template a go. He also is trying to get a league-wide series going by position. They would be in the form of those two dollar packs you'd see near the check-out at a store. I then decided to give a 'Macedonian" print edition which the first series will be released based on the beginning of the season. Series two and three will be released on a date to be determined. This card seems a little simple (in font anyway) and I'm guessing that "Hallin" is the 'manufacturer' of the cards. This is without any inside information which I didn't ask about before posting.



-Ricky

3 comments:

Jake88 said...

I didn't make that yakball template, it was made by a guy named Michael Taylor.

Richard Mazella said...

Oh, you feature it on your site then . . . Okay everybody let me rephrase my earlier remark: "Ignore the electric green, that is how I altered" Michael Taylor's "template for PDN users" whoever in the CCSLSC he is.

Unknown said...

It's actually "Simkins-Hallin" which I super imposed over the boards. The pic that I found had the ads taken out and I didn't want it to look like an exebition game.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.