06 December 2013

The Spirit of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

While it is imperative that we have had the increased concept content, the blog as a result has picked up for a while now. (Hooray!) Now, I am adding to this one other contribution.


So Caden, knowing the ECHL the way he does, submitted this on his blog (yes the one I now write for) for his contest. I like the elements. This is a nice and simple way to celebrate the rich racing heritage in Indianapolis, at least the way Caden portrays it.I might want to see a red yoke with black outline and use a black outline instead of the yellow on the numbers, but other than that, I cannot complain at all.


A Thrashers themed Jets Jersey . . . that's what I came up with. Remember when I made a jersey mocking the move to Winnipeg? Well, this is not far off from that other than that I'm much more of a seasoned veteran and we had no drag and drop templates. The leaf shoulder patch to me was essential but placing the TV numbers was tough, one of the negatives of combining multiple Thrasher templates. Not that the Jets would ever wear this or anything.


Saginaw, Michigan . . . an OHL community I've actually been to. Alan decided to give it a go with this team. Anyway, the color distribution seems to be a little off to me. The gray doesn't help it at all. While I do like the piping, I would un-color the top half of the sleeves on the whites. Thus it would require realigning the color of the sleeve striping. By the way, I don't feel to the striping transfers well to the socks, but again, maybe it's just the gray.Simply put, I like the colored uniform much better.

Well, don't forget that it's time to be festive, so send in your wackiest ideas, if you've got any for us here at BNG! Until then, "I'll see you on the radio."

-Ricky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With both Caden's Fuel one and AJH's Spirit one The dark jersey has better color distribution than the white.

Richard Mazella said...

Yes, that's what I said on Alan's . . . and I had no issues with Caden's, really.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.