08 December 2013

Sunday Funday

Well, you'll notice that of the group of concepts Alan sent in, I tried to determine which of them seemed to work best until any new ones should come in. I try to do that with everyone's for the most part - that is, unless it relates something on one of our friend's blogs from the past week or so. In the meantime, this is the fourth of five that Alan sent in last week that will be featured today. Caden also sent four in recently, the second of those will be featured today.


While this does feature traditional elements of the Finnish national team, I cannot say that I'm completely pleased. As some of you may be aware, I have a strong dislike of this template, which we don't need to discuss further. However it isn't entirely what hurts the concept. I'm not going for the white yoke on the colored sweater, I'd say the same about the other yoke, but it helps with the lack of color. While this virtually is different enough from their actual jerseys for the Sochi Games, some sort of design, possibly any design would be better than leaving them mostly blank (other than the cuffs). I do however take at least one positive in Caden having put the name bar only on the white jersey.


"Oh my stars!" As I preluded to earlier, Alan's better work of the recent grouping has arrived (in part). He has a good look for the Stars of the near future with this. I like the current set the team has, but this would be good for them moving forward. My favorite part of this is the yoke striping. It is differentiated enough to be its own part of a template. The one thing that didn't translate well was the logo used for the shoulder patch. I'm not in favor of that as I was the old ones, but it can be easily replaced with the new roundel alternate.

As for what tomorrow brings, you might have an idea. TTFN.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.