09 December 2013

Storm Warnings Everywhere

Well, the last few days in Buffalo have had some sort of winter weather advisory, but Springfield had all of one evening of sleet that had melted by mid-day the following day (Saturday). The fog warnings in Springfield were more significant than the sleet/hail that arrived. Speaking of storms, there is one below.


This is my other favorite of Alan's recent submissions. The most interesting is the hurricane warning pattern being sort of placed in the yoke. I think it's brilliant - especially that he blended in the Reebok branding into the pattern! I also never recall the pattern being on the pants at any point in time, another good decision. "That's a good decision Joe Smith, that's a really good decision Joe Smith." everything else seems to be up to 'Canes standards. Unfortunately, I never could see silver fit into a particular concept. It's alright, but I don't know if it can be helped, not that it has to be.


Caden submitted this for the Gorton's contest at HJC. I honestly am not a fan of the slightly lighter blue, but at least it is properly distributed across the concept. As far as execution, the logo and template appear to be distorted probably because it had to be properly sized to meet HJC requirements in pixelation. Also, there are some loose pixels towards the bottom of the hem that I noticed. Also competition shouldn't be spelled compitition. Granted I don't always do the best at proofreading, I do still take personal pride in my spelling. I was the spelling bee champion at my second grammar school three years running from grades 4-6 before I switched schools between grades 6 and 7. Not to brag, but to prove my point.


I'm going away from my string of concepts because I decided to put something together last minute for the Indy contest at HCI (I changed my mind and decided to do one).  So the other one will be up tomorrow instead (think The Troggs).

-Ricky

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every ECHL team has at least 2 pairs of socks. The red ones would work with the alternate though.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.