04 December 2013

Looks Like Some Really Colored Jerseys You've Got There

Well I created a series of three on a train back to Springfield. It isn't really much of a series - it's just stuff I put together at the same time. I believe that They all aren't particularly attractive but accomplished what I wanted to achieve with them. I'll display those starting today.  But before I show the first, Alan of Hockey Jersey Art (and fellow HCI writer) gave me some concepts that I will spread out over the next week or so. As the title implies, I'm not in favor of today's jersey colors - at least not completely.


Before all else, I want to get it out there that these are terrible colors for this team and it isn't Alan's fault at all (but his signature looks great in it). That's because what he has done is exactly what the team should wear, but with different colors in this branding. I really miss the 1997–2006 branding. I don't know why it wasn't kept other than money. With Jake88's glove template invert the colors to differentiate from the pants (I reckon it would look better). By the way, Alan's portfolio is up and running on the guest concepts tab - go check it out.

Speaking of the AHL, I will be having my second-to-last class with commissioner Andrews tonight. In honor of him for next week, I will be putting together a Cape Breton Oilers concept in honor of Andrews' work with turning them into one of the most successfull AHL franchises in the late 80s/early 90s before he became commissioner. I just came up with that idea as I mentioned the class.



This one is not a favorite of mine, while I am one of few people I know to have gone back to the Coyotes old branding I had to do something. The purple was never predominant and I wanted to use it in a concept somehow. In order to associate it with the old "acid trip" jersey (which I actually didn't mind), I made the background for added effect. The only thing is that I used the logos that I liked and tweaked them a little. Now the jersey might look better without the hem pattern, but I wanted to incorporate something at least similar to it in the design. There you have another "unique" uniform in Pheonix history that never was.

-Ricky

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.